Hello everyone! During the past few months, I´ve become very obsessed with Jane Austen. So far, I´ve read three (almost four) of her books and she´s now one of my favorite authors. So for this weeks blogpost, I´ve put together a list with 10 reasons to convince you guys to read Jane Austens books.
1. You hate 90 precent of the characters and you actually enjoy hating them. As one of my amazing instagram followers described it: “I hate Mr Collins with a passion and it´s fun.”
2. Nothing really happens but they´re still so enjoyable and interesting.
3. They are perfect if you want a bright, funny and witty read that still is very well written.
4. They are over 200 years old and they are still so good.
5. They have quotes like these:
“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
― Jane Austen,
6. And these: “My idea of good company…is the company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company.’
‘You are mistaken,’ said he gently, ‘that is not good company, that is the best.” ― Jane Austen,
7. They are some of the greatest classics and all adults (including your teachers) will automatically think you´re really smart and educated if you mention that you love Jane Austen´s books.
8. Jane Austen was a genius.
9. Mr Darcy
10. THE SARCASM
Thank you so much for reading this blog post and feel free to share your opinions about Jane Austen´s books in the comments down below.